Traveler Portrait Series
Portrait of American Travelers®
From what vacation experiences are most desired to how they feel about travel safety amid the COVID-19 pandemic and how it’s shaping perceptions of travel for the future, learn more about how travelers are motivated to travel in our Portrait of American Travelers® reports.
- Lodging and accommodations
- Road trips
- Culinary travel
- Diversity in travel
- Loyalty programs
- Social media
- Custom crosstab analyses of Portrait survey results.
- Previous editions
If you are interested in ethier special request, please contact us.
Portrait of European Travellers®
This in-depth study is designed to reveal how travelers in leading European travel markets think about travel opportunities for the years ahead. It profiles active leisure travelers from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain, and its respondents will be nationally representative of the nations in which they reside.
- Current travel climate
- The impact of COVID-19 on travel behaviors and priorities
- Destination and travel brand rank-order interest
- Travel intentions and motivations
- Vacation habits (type, frequency, duration, etc.)
- Planned activities and attractions in destination
- Vacation booking preferences
- Tourism overcrowding & environmental sustainability
- Lodging trends and short-term rental insights
- Technology, mobility, influencers and preferences
- Travel personas, attitudes and decision drivers
- Information sources for travel planning
- Barriers to travel
- Media and social media habits
- Lifestyles and social values
- Loyalty programs
For additional information about subscriptions and custom audience profile reports from the Portrait of European Travellers® survey, please contact us.
Portrait of Meeting & Convention Travel
In 2021, MMGY Travel Intelligence fielded a quarterly tracking survey to understand the mindset, intentions and preferences of both meeting planners as well as meeting, conference and convention attendees. Business event attendees ultimately drive the future direction of the M&C industry. So, having an informed perspective on what these attendees think and comparing it to the current perspectives of meeting professionals provides substantial insight into the landscape likely to emerge as this vital industry recovers.
Among other topics, this study explored:
- What factors truly drive attendees’ decisions to attend conferences and how has COVID-19 impacted them?
- How do attendees feel about virtual and hybrid meetings and how do they think their behavior may be impacted in 2021 and beyond?
- What types of venues do prospective attendees prefer and how do these preferences differ from what planners expect to use?
- What barriers, other than the obvious health and safety concerns, need to be eliminated or mitigated for this industry to fully recover?
MMGY Travel Intelligence will field this study again in 2022, and LIMITED SPONSORSHIPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Sponsors have the ability to include custom questions in each of the four quarterly surveys. Contact us for below for more information.
Portrait of American International Travelers™
MMGY Global, in conjunction with USTOA, presents a comprehensive national survey asking questions of targeted American travelers about outbound travel from the U.S. to international destinations.
This report profiles American travelers with an annual household income of over US$100,000 who have a passport and have traveled outside of North America in the past two years. The survey unveils the underlying motivations and, most importantly, future intentions that influence travel behavior. The results will provide you with actionable insights into the travel habits of American international travelers, allowing you to enhance future marketing and brand communication strategies.
USTOA and MMGY Travel Intelligence will develop a Destination Prospect Profile to meet your research needs. This analysis is a useful tool to develop or refine your marketing and communications strategy and your target traveler segment. It also enables you to target specific groups of travelers without conducting your own primary research.
What You Will Receive with the Destination Prospect Profile:
*Provided there are enough respondents for your destination
- Two client profiles
- Demographic, psychographic and geographic profiles
- Past travel history and travel intentions for the years ahead
- Vacation spending habits
- Competitive destination preference
- Media usage
- Social media usage
- Lifestyles and social values
- Influence of government advisories
- Trip planning steps
- Types of travel preferences
- Use of distribution channels
Click here to purchase a past Portrait of American International Travelers™ report.
For additional information about sponsorship and report subscription options for the MMGY Portrait of American International Travelers™ 2022 study, please contact us below.